Commencement at Norwich University
Commencement Weekend begins Thursday, May 7, 2015
The 2015 Commencement and Commissioning events will take place during the weekend of Thursday, May 7 through Sunday, May 10, 2015.
The Commencement ceremony, on Saturday, May 9 begins at 2 p.m. sharp at Shapiro Field House, and there are dozens of other events you may be interested in. View the schedule (PDF) to learn more! See the live stream of the events on May 9 & 10.
On Friday evening, May 8, Norwich will welcome Baccalaureate (Commencement Weekend Community Worship Service) speaker Randall Balmer, PhD, Mandel Family Professor in the Arts and Sciences and Chair, Department of Religion at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH.
Norwich is honored to announce that former US Senator and American Red Cross President Elizabeth Dole will deliver its 2015 commencement address on Saturday.
On Sunday, graduating future officers will hear remarks from alumnus Brigadier General Raymond R. Descheneaux ’87, United States Marine Corps Reserve, Assistant Deputy Commandant for Aviation (Mobilization) at the Joint Services Commissioning Ceremony.
- Driving directions — Printable turn-by-turn directions from your location to Norwich.
- Campus map — Building locations and descriptions and parking. All lots are open and there will be people to direct you to them and answer questions.
After you arrive
- Area Lodging — Hotels, motels, inns, lodges, and B&B’s
- Area Restaurants — Independent Vermont restaurants catering to your dining needs
Special needs & passenger carts
- Handicap parking will be available along ID White Avenue, at Shapiro Field House, and in designated handicap areas. Please check our campus map for additional information.
- Passenger carts will be available on campus to assist those with special needs.
- Passengers needing assistance may be dropped off at the overhang entrance to Shapiro Field House.
- For additional services call 802.485.2499.
Capture the moment
You can bring home the memories of Commencement in a number of ways. You will be taken to an order fulfillment service when you click on the links below unless otherwise noted.
- Commencement & Senior photos — Order photos online
- Commencement & Commissioning Ceremonies DVD
- To order graduation announcements, War Whoop yearbooks and War Whoop tributes, visit our Jostens Customer Service page.
- Past War Whoops (PDF). Place an order for earlier yearbooks.
First aid / medical assistance
The Student Health Center/Green Mountain Family Practice and Clinic is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. The clinic is located across east of Route 12 and north of the Norwich Gazebo. For the clinic call 802.485.4161; for the infirmary call 802.485.2552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For emergencies call 911.
Lost & Found
Phone security at 802.485.2525.
Motor vehicle assistance
Locked out? Need a jump-start? Phone security at 802.485.2525.
Contact the Academic Affairs Office with any questions: