Commencement at Norwich University
May 9 – May 12, 2013
2013 Commencement and Commissioning events will take place during the weekend of Thursday, May 9 through Sunday, May 12, 2013. View the schedule (PDF). If you can only be here for the ceremony itself, you’ll want to be here on May 11, 2 p.m. sharp at Shapiro Field House.
Commissioning Speaker: Lt. Gen. Mark Bowman
Lt. Gen. Mark S. Bowman, Norwich Class of 1978, is the director of Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) / Cyber, Chief Information Officer, Joint Staff, J6/CIO, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. He develops C4 capabilities; conducts analysis and assessments; provides Joint and Combined Force C4 guidance, and evaluates C4 requirements, plans, programs and strategies for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. read full bio (offsite)
Commencement Speaker: Rick Atkinson
Rick Atkinson is a Pulitzer Prize winning author and military historian. He recently completed The Guns at Last Light: The War in Europe, 1944-1945, a narrative history of the U.S. military’s role in the liberation of Europe in World War II and the final volume of his Liberation Trilogy. His many awards include the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for history; 1982 Pulitzer Prize for national reporting, and the 2010 Pritzker Military Library Award for Lifetime Achievement in Military Writing. read full bio (offsite)
- Driving directions — Printable turn-by-turn directions from your location to Norwich.
- Campus map — Building locations and what’s inside them, parking, restrooms, ATMs, and wheelchair access.
After you arrive
- Area Lodging — Hotels, motels, inns, lodges, and B&B’s
- Area Restaurants — Independent Vermont restaurants catering to your dining needs
Special needs & passenger carts
- Handicap parking will be available along ID White Avenue, at Shapiro Field House, and in designated handicap areas. Please check our campus parking map for additional information.
- Passenger carts will be available on campus to assist those with special needs.
- Passengers needing assistance may be dropped off at the overhang entrance to Shapiro Field House.
- For additional services call 802.485.2148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Capture the moment
You can bring home the memories of Commencement in a number of ways. You will be taken to an order fulfillment service when you click on the links below unless otherwise noted.
- Graduation announcements — Order custom Norwich graduation announcements and other graduation-oriented products
- Commencement & Senior photos — Order photos online
- Commencement & Commissioning Videos — Order form here (PDF)
- War Whoop — Order a yearbook
- War Whoop Tributes — Submit a yearbook tribute to your graduate
- Past War Whoops — Place an order for earlier yearbooks (Alumni Site)
First aid / medical assistance
The Student Health Center/Green Mountain Family Practice and Clinic is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. The clinic is located across east of Route 12 and north of the Norwich Gazebo. For the clinic call 802.485.4161; for the infirmary call 802.485.2552 or email email@example.com. For emergencies call 911. back to top
Lost & Found
Phone security at 802.485.2525.
Motor vehicle assistance
Locked out? Need a jump-start? Phone security at 802.485.2525.
Contact the Alumni Office with any questions at 802-485-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org