Commencement at Norwich University
Commencement Weekend begins Thursday, May 12, 2016
The 2016 Commencement and Commissioning events will take place during the weekend of Thursday, May 12 through Sunday, May 15, 2016.
The Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 14 begins at 2 p.m. sharp in Shapiro Field House. Guests will be admitted to the Field House at 12 noon. There are many other events you may be interested in. View the schedule (PDF) to learn more.
Those unable to attend can view the live stream of the 2016 Commencement on Saturday, May 14, 2016 and Commissioning Ceremonies (All Services) with Army Commissioning here, on Sunday, May 15, 2016.
Tickets will be required for seating in a reserved area for parents, family members and guests. Tickets will be available online on Monday, April 11th at 8 a.m.
The designated area for this reserved seating will be located in the center area of Shapiro Field House immediately behind the graduates. Up to five (5) numbered tickets will be issued to each graduate in the reserved seating area. A numbered ticket will correspond to each individual seat in the reserved area. Tickets must be presented for access to the designed seating area.
General seating throughout Shapiro Field House will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for a graduate’s additional family members as well as all other guests.
Guests in a wheelchair will be accommodated and seated with family in the reserved area, provided the guest uses one of the five tickets allocated to the graduating senior. For ease of access for our guests in a wheelchair, we recommend that students elect to locate and ticket their guest for a reserved aisle seat.
To reserve up to (5) numbered tickets, please click here. Tickets are available in the reserved area on a first come, first serve basis. Reserve your tickets early for best seating!.
If you have any questions about Commencement, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs at (802) 485-2025 or 485-2026, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commissioning ceremonies will be on Sunday, May 15, at 10 a.m. No tickets are required for this event.
- Click here to reserve tickets — Tickets are available in the reserved area on a first come, first serve basis. Reserve your tickets early for best seating!
You can view the live stream of the 2016 Commencement on Saturday, May 14, 2016 and Commissioning Ceremonies (All Services) with Army Commissioning here, on Sunday, May 15, 2016.
Please note, video coverage will be available post-commissioning for USAF and Navy. Videos can be purchased here.
- Driving directions — Printable turn-by-turn directions from your location to Norwich.
- Campus map — Building locations and descriptions and parking. All lots are open and there will be people to direct you to them and answer questions.
After you arrive
- Area Lodging — Hotels, motels, inns, lodges, and B&B’s
- Sugarbush Resort — At least 20% discounted lodging rate during Commencement weekend, based on availability. Details.
- Area Restaurants — Independent Vermont restaurants catering to your dining needs
Special needs & passenger carts
- Handicap parking will be available along ID White Avenue, at Shapiro Field House, and in designated handicap areas. Please check our campus map for additional information.
- Passenger carts will be available on campus to assist those with special needs.
- Passengers needing assistance may be dropped off at the overhang entrance to Shapiro Field House.
- For additional services call 802.485.2499.
Capture the moment
You can bring home the memories of Commencement in a number of ways. You will be taken to an order fulfillment service when you click on the links below unless otherwise noted.
- Commencement & Senior photos — Order photos online
- Commencement & Commissioning Ceremonies DVD
- To order graduation announcements, War Whoop yearbooks and War Whoop tributes, visit our Jostens Customer Service page.
- Pre-order the 2016 War Whoop yearbook. Books ship in the late fall.
First aid / medical assistance
The Student Health Center/Green Mountain Family Practice and Clinic is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. The clinic is located across east of Route 12 and north of the Norwich Gazebo. For the clinic call 802.485.4161; for the infirmary call 802.485.2552 or email email@example.com. For emergencies call 911.
Lost & Found
Phone security at 802.485.2525.
Motor vehicle assistance
Locked out? Need a jump-start? Phone security at 802.485.2525.
Contact the Academic Affairs Office with any questions: